Build your capacity to support children to develop resilience, confidence and respectful relationships.
IMPORTANT: The process for registering to attend a workshop involves the following 3 steps:
1. Create an account by clicking on the 'Register Today' button above and entering your details. This will trigger a confirmation email (check your junk and spam folders).
2. Confirm your account by following the instructions in the confirmation email.
3. Register to attend a workshop by logging into your active account and selecting a venue and date. You will then receive booking confirmation email.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance
Everyone in our community deserves to be respected, valued and treated equally. We know the benefits of positive attitudes, behaviours and equality being embedded in our education settings. The Respectful Relationships initiative is offering free professional learning for early childhood educators in Victorian government funded kindergarten programs.
The professional learning is designed to strengthen the capacity of early childhood educators to promote respectful relationships, positive attitudes and behaviours within their teaching approach, to enable children to build healthy relationships, resilience and confidence. It will also increase educator knowledge about the role of gender equality in the prevention of family violence, and is informed by the Respectful Relationships in schools approach recommended by the Royal Commission into Family Violence.
Up to 6000 early childhood educators will opt in and benefit from the professional learning.
The training is available state-wide, to early childhood educators working in Victorian government funded kindergarten programs with a bachelor, diploma or certificate III qualification.
• Understanding, defining and exploring the dynamics of gender equality and family violence
• Understanding and developing respectful relationships in early childhood
• Supporting children to understand and manage their emotions through social competence and promoting inclusive environments in early childhood
• Understanding family violence and the practical strategies for building support networks
• Two hour e-learning module
• One day workshop of 6.5 hours (9am – 3:30pm)
Dates and venues
The one-day workshops will run state-wide in Terms 1 and 2 for educators in Victorian government funded kindergarten. All 2020 dates and location options are listed below:
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre - 14, 27 February; 4, 5 June
South West Victoria Region
Ballarat - 20, 21 February
Colac - 5 March
Footscray - 20, 21, 24 February
Geelong - 10, 11 March
Hamilton - 2 March
Hoppers Crossing - 17, 18 February
Horsham - 27 February
Melton - 26 February
Torquay - 6 March
Warrnambool - 4 March
South East Victoria Region
Dandenong - 12, 13 March
Dingley - 19 March
Frankston - 16, 17, 18 March
Wheeler’s Hill - 15, 18, 19 May
North East Victoria Region
Blackburn - 20 March
- 6 May
Heidelberg - 20, 21 May
Lilydale - 13, 14 May
Ringwood - 11, 12 May
Shepparton - 7 May
Wallan - 8 May
Wangaratta - 4 May
Wodonga - 1 May
North West Victoria Region
- 25, 26 May
Broadmeadows - 2 June
Craigieburn - 3 June
Echuca - 27 May
Mildura - 29 May
Preston – 28 February; 5 May
South Morang - 22 May
Sunbury - 1 June
Swan Hill - 28 May
Together we can lead the way in supporting children to develop resilience, confidence and respectful relationships so that every child has the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com should you have a question about this site or the registration process.